Adaptive mobile distributed applications require more and more tiny mobile components linked through wireless connections. In this vision we found two categories of applications using either Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) equipment’s or RFID technology.
- WSNs allow the development of numerous applications in various domains, such as security and surveillance, environment protection, e-health, intelligent transportation, etc. Communication in such WSNs has to cope with limited capacity resources, energy depletion of sensor nodes, important fluctuations of traffic in the network, changes in the network topology or new application requirements.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology enables the non-contact, automatic and unique identification of objects and people using radio waves. RFID technology has gained greater prominence and a higher level of adoption due to its recent advancements and decreasing costs across the years. The applications of RFID have vast potential in improving effectiveness and efficiency in solving industrial problems.
- RAWSN 2014 : The 2nd International Workshop on RFID and Adaptive Wireless Sensor Networks: May 15-17, 2014, Marrakech, Morocco (with NETYS’2014)
- RAWSN 2013 : The first International Workshop on RFID and Adaptive Wireless Sensor Networks: May 2-4, 2013, Marrakech, Morocco (with NETYS’2013)
Areas of interest
Original contributions in RFID and Wireless Sensor Networks are solicited in, but not limited to, the following directions:
- Adaptive sensor networks
- Sensor network deployment
- Sensor networks with mobile elements
- Cross-layer architectures
- Intelligent sensor nodes, Sensor-based systems and applications
- Energy management in wireless Sensor networks
- Energy efficiency and replacement of failed sensor node,
- Performance Evaluation and Modeling in Wireless Sensors Network and RFID
- Middleware and software tools
- QoS and dynamic bandwidth allocation in sensor networks,
- Component generation and dynamic adaptation of the application.
- RFID and sensors software and middleware
- RFID and sensors channel measurements and modeling
- RFID Localization techniques and algorithms in RFID tag and reader localization
- Security in mobile sensor and RFID systems: Standards, Frameworks and Protocols
- Circuits for Wireless communications
- Spectrum Allocation and Management
- Optimization algorithms for Wireless communications
- Technologies and Standards
- WiFi, ZigBee, WiMax, Bluetooth
- Wireless Network Protocols
- Remote Sensing and Telemetry
- Cyber physical systems